God and Country

God and Country Retreat

Please click here if you have any questions.

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Do I have to belong to a church to earn a God and Country award

No, you do not have to have official membership in a congregation to earn this award; however, the program requires that a pastor review all work and oversee the program.

  • Which denominations use the God and Country program?

Protestant and Independent churches. The following is a partial listing of the denominations that use the God and Country program: African Methodist Episcopal, African Methodist Episcopal Zion, Assembly of God, Baptist, Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), Christian Methodist Episcopal, Church of God, Episcopal, Lutheran, Pentecostal, Presbyterian, United Church of Christ, United Methodist Church, and Independent Christian churches.

  • Who may serve as counselor? 

The pastor, or someone appointed by the pastor (such as a parent, Sunday School teacher, congregational lay leader, or other qualified adult).

  • May I earn more than one award (for the different grade levels)?

Yes, you may earn all four awards as long as you are in the appropriate grade at the time (you may not go backwards and earn younger awards).

  • Does each child need a booklet?


  • How is the award presented?

The award is usually presented by the pastor in a worship service.