AFL-CIO Wood Badge Scholarship Program
A survey conducted by the Boy Scouts of America revealed that one of every four unit leaders
is a union member. This means that hundreds of thousands of union members are actively serving the youth
of their community in such leadership roles as Cubmasters, den leaders, Scoutmasters, Varsity Scout Coaches,
Venturing Advisors, and committee members.
Recognizing this, it is proper that the AFL-CIO offer a Wood Badge scholarship to assist selected union members in acquiring skills that will better equip them to serve the youth of their communities.
VFW Wood Badge Scholarship Program
The VFW has entered into a cooperative effort with the Boy Scouts of America to encourage posts to organize Cub Scout packs, Boy Scout troops, Varsity Scout teams, and Venturing crews. To further this effort, the VFW national headquarters offers Wood Badge scholarships to assist selected chapter members in acquiring skills that will better equip them to serve the youth of their communities. Members at large and retirees can qualify by being sponsored by the nearest VFW post in their area.
- This scholarship program covers Wood Badge courses. Wood Badge is an eight-day training course involving Scoutcraft and leadership skills for unit-, district-, and council-level volunteers.
- There shall be awarded annually three scholarships for each BSA region for a total of 12.
- Scholarships will cover the tuition fee only. The recipient must furnish transportation to and from Wood Badge course locations.
- Applicants must satisfy all Wood Badge course prerequisites.
- Applicants must be VFW members in good standing.
Download an application form for the VFW Wood Badge Scholarship
Quivira Council Wood Badge Scholarships
Quivira Wood Badge Scholarships Are Available.
Please contact the Course Director.