Internet Advancement System
Process ranks and awards for packs, troops, teams, crews, ships, and posts
Units can now submit advancement for unit youth members online using BSA’s Internet Advancement system. You will find this method to be easy, convenient, and accurate because you will enter the information yourself. The system is separate from Internet Rechartering, but uses a similar concept. Unit leaders can record awards, ranks, and merit badges directly to BSA’s official youth member records with the online system.
Use Internet Advancement for the following:
• Add ranks, merit badges, and awards
• Update information on existing advancements (excepting the Eagle Scout rank).
To use Internet Advancement:
1. Select your unit advancement processor. This person must have Internet connectivity and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
2. Obtain a unit ID code from the council.
3. Gather information for advancement, including merit badge applications and advancement records with dates.
4. Click “Internet Advancement” below on this page. Follow the instructions in Internet Advancement to process advancements and print an advancement report.
5. Have the appropriate people sign the printed unit advancement report and submit it to the council. Save a copy for your files. Units should submit monthly before the end of each month, or more often if needed.
6. In December, submit a report before the end of the month to update your unit and council statistics.
Talk to your Commissioners or District Advancement Chairman. Additionally, anyone who wants to learn more about Internet Advancement can review the Internet Advancement Help Information.
There is a Frequently Asked Questions link on the Internet Advancement site and these should be reviewed. If you encounter any issues in using the Internet Advancement site, please contact the National Service Desk at 1-972-580-2489 for assistance.
Click here for:
INTERNET ADVANCEMENT(requires Internet Explorer 5.5 or greater and must be in Compatibility Mode if using IE 10 or greater)
For Merit Badge Counselors
To become a Merit Badge Counselor, fill out the counselor application, complete the adult registration, for leadership position #42, create a my.scouting account, and take youth protection training (print certificate). Once completed, please return documents to the Quivira Council Registrar, Jan Quincy.
Merit Badge Counselor is a non-unit/no-fee position. All applications will be processed by the council to be put on the council roster.
- Merit Badge Counselor Application/Instructions
- Adult Registration Application
- My.Scouting / Youth Protection Training
Scouts are recognized and rewarded for each achievement, which helps them gain self-confidence. The steps in the advancement system help a Scout grow in self-reliance and in the ability to help others.
Awards Central is where the most up-to-date information about BSA-related awards may be found, including award applications and nomination forms.
Eagle Scout Resources
- Eagle Scout Rank Application
- National Eagle Scout Association Membership Application
- Spirit of the Eagle Award Application
- Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Quivira Council Eagle Scout Rank Advancement Guide
- Explanation of Eagle Character Reference Letter
- Eagle Sample Envelope
- Eagle Character Reference Letter Sample
- Virtual Board of Review Guidelines
For full details regarding the Eagle Scout Rank process please visit the Boy Scouts of America National website by clicking HERE.