Quivira Scout Ranch Back Country Shelters
At Quivira Scout Ranch, we have the materials set aside to build 3 back country shelters . Back country shelters are just that trail rest spots that will be placed in historical or scenic locations. The plan is to join all points (11 in the plan) with an expansive trail system to enhance the overall back country experience at Quivira Scout Ranch.
“Claim” Your Shelter!
Does your Pack/Unit/Troop/Crew have what it takes to build a shelter?
Do you want to leave your mark on Quivira Scout Ranch for future generations to come?
- Follow all safety measures
- Work with adequate supervision
- Follow the council approved work plan
- Complete the shelter before Summer Camp 2019
Things to Consider...
- You may partner with another troop; partner troop must also apply.
- Must be able to provide your own tools.
- Must coordinate with Ranger to arrange work dates.
- Troop and Troop partner (if partner is involved) may suggest names for the shelter that they have completed. Properties committee will pick name from suggestions.
- Troops who build it will get their unit number and city on the shelter.
If you think that you have what it takes drop us a line and tell us why your group deserves the opportunity to “claim” one of the remaining shelters!