Be part of our team! Help us make QSR a premier Scout camp!
- Responsible to the Scout Executive working through the Quivira Council CFO
- At least 21 years of age
- Current NCS Camp Management or Camp Director Certification (refer to standards)
- Current First Aid/CPR
- Thorough knowledge of ALL applicable standards (both BSA and state)
- Thorough knowledge of council and camp risk management policies
- Strong public speaking and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Conflict resolution skills
- Registered with the BSA
- Computer Skills
- During the off season lead the hiring of Summer Camp staff
- Participate in scheduled planning meetings during the off season.
- Provide cheerful, helpful, and efficient service to all Scouts.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful, and helpful attitude to ensure that participants have an enjoyable experience. Where possible, solve their needs and concerns, where not possible, steer them to someone who can.
- Carry out the prescribed policies and procedures of the Quivira Council as outlined in the Staff Guidebook and during staff training.
- Present oneself to every participant and guest clean, sharp appearing and correctly uniformed as described in the Staff Guidebook.
- Be thoroughly familiar with Scouting aims and ideals, operate your camp in a manner that teaches and reinforces these ideals.
- Provide initial continuous on-the-job training for all staff assigned to the camp so that each member can do any of the jobs required.
- Review Quivira Council policies and procedures and the concerns of other departments with the staff.
- Serve as a coach and counselor to each member of the camp staff so they effectively serve as a member of a successful team.
- Operate the camp for the convenience of the campers and advisors.
- Maintain and properly use the radio, program equipment and all other facilities and supplies.
- Give proper attention to environmental/health issues including staff cabins, program cabins, showers, latrines, sumps, kitchen and living areas, trash disposal, campsites, water and natural features.
- Prudently handle medical situations and risk management according to established procedures and your best judgment.
- Write an end of season report with accurate inventories and recommendations for improving the operation.
Contact Keith Howell to submit a resume or for questions.