2022 Popcorn Resources
Storefront Sale Tracking
We now have a process for White Buffalo and South Winds units to avoid double booking sale locations:
- Unit Kernel will fill out the Google Form and enter each of their storefront sales (one entry for every date and location)
- District Popcorn Teams will sort tracking spreadsheet by storefront location/date for Units to review before contacting and reserving new storefront locations for their Unit
- Council Popcorn Team/District Kernels will monitor the spreadsheet for conflicts and notify Units to resolve
- If Unit Kernel knows they have individual scouts selling at storefronts, they must fill out this form on behalf of any scouts in their Unit who are planning to sell at storefronts
- If a conflict arises onsite at a storefront, the Unit who has properly followed the process and reported their storefront sales on the tracking spreadsheet will be allowed to sell popcorn.
Thank you in advance for working together to solve the issue of double booked storefronts. If you have any issues with the form, please let Sherri know.
New Incentive for Troop/Crew/Ship Sellers!
Custom Handmade Tracker Knife
- Handmade Damascus Steel Tracker Knife
- Beautiful Black Micarta Handle with Muzik Pin
- Handstitched Leather Sheath included
Every Troop/Crew/Ship youth that reaches/surpasses $1,000 in total sales will receive this sheath knife as a Council level prize. This high-quality knife is something they could own for the rest of their lives and eventually pass on to their ScoutsNotes:
- Unit will be responsible for turning in list of earners to Council by October 31, 2022.
- Council will issue knives to Unit Leaders, with the expectation that Unit Leaders present them to youth with parent/guardian present.
- It is recommended that Units create a Sheath Knife policy if they intend to allow youth to carry/use sheath knives during Unit events. You can download a sample policy HERE.
- Currently, sheath knives are NOT ALLOWED at Quivira Council District or Council activities.
Download a sample Troop sheath knife policy HERE!
Commit to sell in 2022
Fill out your Unit’s Popcorn commitment at www.prpopcorn.com
For returning Units:
- Click on My Account in the upper right
- Enter your login information
- Update any changes to your profile details and click update at bottom
- Check the box in the each sales method your Unit plans to participate in and hit Continue
- Under Commission Commitment click Submit
For new Units:
A successful popcorn sale means better Unit programs!
- Summer Camps
- Camp outs/Adventure Trips
- Blue and Gold Banquets/ Courts of Honor
- Other various expenses
A successful popcorn sale means Stronger Council and Services that is provides!
- Training opportunities for adult leaders, so Scouts have the very best leadership.
- Helping to maintain Scout Camps for year-round camping and outdoor events.
- Providing “Campership” support for Scouts who need assistance to attend Summer Camp.
- Planning and conducting various Council-Wide activities and events.
- Providing service center and professional staff support for unit leaders, parents and Scouts.
Everyone benefits from Popcorn!
The most successful units have a planned program with specific goals, on where they want to go and how they are going to get there. Setting a goal for how much your unit needs to sell and how much your scout needs to sell, is how your unit will have the funds needed to support your program.
Popcorn is fun and exciting for your Scouts to sell!!
The public loves Scouting and look forward to buying popcorn. Two out of three customers will buy if asked by a Scout. Remember we are not selling popcorn, we are helping our Scouts Fund Adventures!
Scouts can earn much more than prizes
There are very few activities in scouting that demonstrate the benefits of planning, organization, teamwork and goal setting. Participating in the popcorn sale teaches scouts all of these skills, plus marketing, salesmanship, public speaking, and learning how to pay there way! These important skills will serve these young men throughout their lifetimes.