Please have your unit number and Chartered Organization name in the subject!
Commissioners for 2024 Recharter
As we start digging into the 2024 Recharter season we are finding new software glitches that we would like you to be aware of.
- Youth participants being added to unit rosters are not being charged correctly
- Example: Scout A transfers from troop 1 to troop 2 or participated in 2022 but skipped 2023 and is now back; in the system they show as a “new” youth on the recharter roster. In both of these scenarios, they are not a “new” scout, so they would be charged the same as all other Scouts already in the system.
- They are showing as “new” in the system even though they are NOT new to scouting
- We are manually fixing this issue at the Council Office as units come to pay
- If the unit does not pay at the office and has this issue on their roster, the youth registration will not be marked as complete
For any questions please reach out to Vickie Glancy Cannon or D’Kolle Mowery at 316.264.3386.
You can learn more about the recharter process HERE!
Welcome and thank you for using internet rechartering from Boy Scouts of America. Internet rechartering allows you to renew your unit’s charter online and perform the following actions:
- Select members from your existing roster
- Promote members from another unit
- Add new members
- Update member information
- Pack Recharter Timeline
- Troop, Ships & Crews Recharter Timeline
Before beginning internet rechartering, collect all member information, including new member forms with the appropriate signatures, and from all adult members collect the signed background check form (if not already given) and proof of current YPT.
BSA announced revised fees effective August 1, 2023.
Need More Help?
- 2024 Recharter Training
- Training Video for 2023 Recharter
- 2023 Recharter PowerPoint, goes with above video
- FAQ for Scoutbook and My.Scouting
- Registration Guidebook
- Position Code List
- Be a Scout pin setup
- Unit Management Tips
2024 Recharter Resources
- My.Scouting Transfer and Multiples
- Workaround for multiples when the unit doesn’t appear in the list
- Online Unit Registration Checklist
- Unit Guidebook for Online Registration
- Technology for Commissioners
- Unit Locked Out in Recharter System
- my.scouting Position Manager Job Aid
- How to change leadership positions in my.scouting organization manager for Chartered Organization Representatives (CORs)
- my.scouting Training
- How to log in if you already have a BSA ID number, and how to merge multiple BSA ID numbers. This PowerPoint goes with the above video.
Forms Needed to Complete Registration
For Merit Badge Counselors
For information about merit badge counselors, please see the advancement page.